Tuesday 24 September 2013

Original article draft and article pages with internet found images

This is the article draft using internet images 
Pandemonium’s Fire
She is the 18 year old up and coming solo singer from her number one album Pandemonium born and raised in the bay area of San Francisco but currently resides in London. She was approached by her current record label Interscope Records at the age of 17 when they found her busking on the streets outside a Starbucks with a cardboard sign displaying the message that she needed money for a bus ride home. As we enter the her studio apartment we immediately hear the screams and laughs of girls having a blast and enjoying their time, almost hard to believe that its coming from an artist that has had a chart topping success in most of the songs released this year.  As we approach inside the apartment, we are immediately met with Harley Rose, an image completely changed from the strong all black wearing girl in the photo shoot. Instead we are with an average teen wearing ‘sweats’ as she likes to call it ,looking very comfortable and cosy for the fall season.
So how is life different from here in London to the bay area?
Well, the bay area is very sunny… sunny spells all the way! (laughs) but British weather is so insane! You get the sun… and the rain, you get clouds of doom and rain would find its way here (laughs) But you know it’s great, in a way that its different. I mean I’ve come to find a way to make peace with the rain, and as of now London is home for me.
It seems that you have made friends (looks towards them). Have they inspired you in any way towards your music?
Of course, definitely. I mean I am thankful for these girls because they seem to tolerate me, especially with my American attitude towards things, you know everything in London is definitely smaller and cosier I should say. In terms of music, they have definitely inspired me as the stories behind my songs and music are not always about me but about other people as well. I believe that it helps to keep my music relatable and that’s what music is about, sharing people’s experiences and stories to the world. It’s a form of art.
How did you feel when your debut song  Calamity topped the UK Charts?
We were in a daze where you feel alive cause your walking fine and people are seeing you, but inside we felt like a bubble about to burst and fly away into space. (Laughing) It sounds like I’m on drugs but that is the only way I can do justice in describing it. Maybe it’s like mothers when they give birth, it was hard work but once you see that little baby everything feels all right with the world. In a state of Euphoria maybe? Funny thing is that the first thing we did to ‘celebrate’ was to call the local pizza shop and told them who I was and that my song is number one right now, and they were like of course, my song’s number one too (laughing). They didn’t believe us for a second.
Why have you chosen to call your debut album ‘Pandemonium’?
Normally, for an artist it would be a self-title album with their name or something. But I felt that this is the album that shows the beginning of my career in music, so why not call it something that is just out of this world or memorable I should say? Pandemonium means creating wars, disorder and chaos; I just felt that my entrance into this industry should be loud and chaotic, almost as if I’m telling the world ‘Hey! There’s a 17 year old girl who would like for you to listen to her songs’ (laughs)
I know you write songs, and your debut album is self-composed. How does it feel knowing that your own written songs have topped most music charts worldwide?
I mean yeah, it’s surreal and most of the time I feel like I’m dreaming. You know it’s hard to believe my achievements, I mean now I can actually go tell people that I wrote the song that’s currently number one right now, not a lot of eighteen year olds can actually say that.
Now, how has the success been for you?
I’m gonna be honest with you, it has changed me. Fame has changed me. I always used to look up to those artists you know, thinking they had the best job in the world because they would sing in front of thousands of people who love their songs and create that connection with them. But I realised that it wasn’t all that, because that was just the front of it all. There were producers, managers and the label to impress, you couldn’t just play any music you wanted to- you had to get the permission to do it. I mean, I feel that I learnt it the hard way, because I was so persistent in what I wanted that everything would end up being back to square one and the same thing would happen all over again. But it turned out to be a part of our label’s big plan for me, training me to be able to face the world and being able to live under the pressure of this business and still keeping the you intact. It has helped me to mature. But at the end of the day I’m just a kid having the time of her life.
Do people treat you differently?
If by people you mean my family, NO. They still order me around the house when I visit home, one time I was really lazy and woke up late and I remember my mum saying to me “I know you may have a number one song right now, but it doesn’t mean anything different in this household. I’m number one around here” (laughs). I do get free food from time to time, the fans are increasingly getting larger and more people are spotting me from the streets. Some of those in the older generation are kind of shock to think that I’m famous because their grandchildren would want pictures with me and they would be ‘I don’t know who you are, but during my time we wouldn’t see Michael Jackson on the streets”.
Any plans for a new album?
My debut album is currently being promoted right now so my focus would be on that, but I will be returning to the studio in the New Year to get creative again. You know I feel that’s the best part about being an artist, the creative process.                                                                                                
Any upcoming world tours?
Yes! It’s in the making and I don’t think I should be saying this (laughs). but let’s just say it’s a world exclusive right? I am so excited for this, there are plans of it happening and I just can’t wait to meet all o the fans. It will definitely be happening sometime next year, let’s just cross our fingers its sooner.
What can we expect from Harley Rose in the future?
Currently, I am busy promoting my debut album Pandemonium but I will be back in the studio in no time. There are already plans and ideas for the next album, so things should get exciting soon. I am currently working on a secret project (winks) and I can’t tell you anymore or they’ll tell me off! I’ve already said too much (laughing)
Any hints on this secret project?

I have a feeling this will be first and last solo interview. You guys keep on making me spill things (laughing). But I think… I think I should be able to say that it’s a collab? Maybe? Maybe not? (laughing) Who knows, I didn’t say anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment